Table of Contents
Everything you need to know about Google Pixel 8
We all love the excitement of new smartphones, and right now, there’s a lot of buzz about an upcoming one expected to be announced in October 2023. While we can’t spill all the beans just yet, we do have some tantalizing tidbits about what could be the next big thing in the world of mobile technology. In this article, we’re going to explore what’s been rumored about this upcoming device and why it’s got everyone talking.
A World of Connectivity: The Promise of 5G
First things first, this smartphone is expected to be a connectivity powerhouse. It’s said to support a wide range of network technologies, from the old-school GSM and CDMA to the faster HSPA, EVDO, LTE, and the much-hyped 5G. That means you’ll have access to some seriously speedy internet, low lag times, and an overall better online experience.
Design and Durability
While we don’t have exact measurements, we’ve heard that this phone is going to look pretty sleek. It’s supposed to have a glass front and back, both protected by tough Gorilla Glass Victus 2, and a sturdy aluminum frame. This should make it not only good-looking but also able to handle everyday wear and tear.
The phone is also rumored to have an IP68 rating, which means it’s dust and water-resistant. You could drop it in up to 1.5 meters of water for about half an hour, and it should come out just fine. For those of us prone to accidents, that’s a big plus.
A Display that Pops
The smartphone is expected to feature a super-vibrant AMOLED display with a smooth 120Hz refresh rate and support for HDR10+. In plain English, that means your videos and apps are going to look fantastic on its 6.17-inch screen. It’s got a high-resolution display that should make everything appear sharp and clear. Plus, the Corning Gorilla Glass Victus 2 will protect your screen from scratches and accidents.
One cool feature is the always-on display, which means you’ll be able to see important info at a glance without waking up your phone.
Power and Performance
What’s inside this phone is just as exciting as how it looks. It’s set to run on Android 14, the latest version of the Android operating system. But what really steals the show is the custom-made Google Tensor G3 chip. Built using a 4nm process, it’s designed to be super powerful, energy-efficient, and capable of handling all sorts of smart features.
The CPU is interesting too. It’s got a unique setup with nine cores, which is like having nine mini-brains inside your phone. One of these cores is a super-fast Cortex-X3 running at 3.0 GHz, while the others are a mix of speedy and efficient cores for different tasks. The graphics are also impressive thanks to the Immortalis-G715s MC10 GPU, which is excellent for gaming and other graphic-intensive tasks.
Space and Memory
You’ll have two options when it comes to storage: 128GB or 256GB, both paired with 12GB of RAM. That’s more than enough space for all your apps, photos, and videos. The storage type, UFS 4.0, means that accessing your files will be speedy.
When it comes to capturing moments, this phone seems to have you covered. On the back, it’s rumored to have a 50MP main camera with some fancy features like laser autofocus and image stabilization. There’s also a 12MP ultra-wide camera that can capture wide-angle shots, perfect for landscapes and group photos.
For selfie lovers, the front camera is said to be a 10.8MP ultra-wide camera. Both front and back cameras should be capable of recording 4K videos, so you can create high-quality memories.
Audio and Connectivity
You can expect great sound quality with stereo speakers. However, it looks like the traditional headphone jack might be missing, so you’ll have to use USB-C headphones or go wireless.
In terms of connectivity, it will support fast Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and NFC for quick and secure connections. It’s also rumored to have excellent GPS capabilities, so you won’t get lost.
Battery and Charging
The phone is rumored to be powered by a 4485mAh battery, which should provide decent battery life. It supports fast wired charging at 24W with PD3.0 technology, meaning you can juice it up quickly. Wireless charging at 12W and reverse wireless charging are also rumored, so you can share your phone’s power with other devices.
This phone isn’t just about the basics. It’s rumored to come with all kinds of sensors, from a fingerprint scanner under the display to sensors for things like temperature, so it’s not just smart; it’s clever too.
Colors and Conclusion
The primary color mentioned is “Obsidian,” but you can bet there’ll be more options to suit different tastes.
As we await the official announcement in October 2023, the rumored specs and features of this smartphone have certainly piqued our interest. If these rumors hold true, it could be a real contender in the smartphone market, offering cutting-edge tech and a premium user experience. We’ll have to wait and see, but one thing’s for sure: it has the potential to make a big splash in the world of smartphones.
The rumored specifications for Google Pixel 8 :
- Technology: GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE / 5G
- Expected Announcement: October 4, 2023
- Status: Rumored, Expected Release in October 2023
- Dimensions: Not specified
- Weight: Not specified
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass Victus 2), glass back (Gorilla Glass Victus), aluminum frame
- SIM: Nano-SIM and eSIM
- IP Rating: IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 min)
- Type: AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+
- Size: 6.17 inches
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~427 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus 2
- Always-on display
- OS: Android 14
- Chipset: Google Tensor G3 (4 nm)
- CPU: Nine-core (1×3.0 GHz Cortex-X3 & 4×2.45 GHz Cortex-A715 & 4×2.15 GHz Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Immortalis-G715s MC10
- Card slot: No
- Internal Storage Options: 128GB 12GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM
- Storage Type: UFS 4.0
- Dual Cameras:
- 50 MP, f/1.9, 25mm (wide)
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 114˚ (ultrawide)
- Features: Dual-LED flash, Pixel Shift, Auto-HDR, panorama
- Video Recording: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps; gyro-EIS, OIS, 10-bit HDR
- Single Camera:
- 10.8 MP, f/2.2, 21mm (ultrawide)
- Features: Auto-HDR, panorama
- Video Recording: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm jack: No
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e/7, tri-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Bluetooth: 5.3, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: GPS (L1+L5), GLONASS (G1), BDS (B1I+B1c+B2a), GALILEO (E1+E5a), QZSS (L1+L5)
- NFC: Yes
- Radio: No
- USB: USB Type-C 3.2
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, thermometer (skin temperature)
- Type: Li-Ion 4485 mAh, non-removable
- Wired: 24W with PD3.0 support
- Wireless: 12W
- Reverse Wireless Charging: Supported
- Colors: Obsidian (additional color options may be available but not specified)
Please note that the information provided is based on the rumored specifications as of the expected announcement date in October 2023. Actual specifications may vary when the device is officially released.