- Honor, the former sub-brand of Huawei, makes a triumphant comeback in India after a three-year hiatus.
- The brand unveils the Honor 90, a mid-range smartphone packed with cutting-edge features and innovations.
- Let’s delve into the details of this highly anticipated device that’s set to redefine the Indian smartphone market.
The Grand Comeback
- After a prolonged absence due to geopolitical tensions, Honor re-enters the Indian market.
- The Honor 90 is the flagship device that marks this comeback, signaling a fresh start for the brand.
- The Honor 90 boasts a stunning 6.7-inch OLED display that is curved from all four sides.
- This design creates a captivating floating effect, offering users an immersive viewing experience.
- The display also features an impressive 1.5K resolution and innovative 3840Hz PWM Dimming technology, which reduces flickering and provides a comfortable viewing experience.
Revamped Operating System
- The phone runs on Android 13-based MagicOS 7.1, offering a clean and bloatware-free user interface.
- While it’s a nod to Huawei’s heritage, the software update policy includes 2 Android upgrades and 3 years of security updates, lagging slightly behind the competition.
- Under the hood, the Honor 90 is powered by the Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 Accelerated Edition (4 nm) chipset.
- This ensures seamless multitasking and efficient performance for users.
DXOMARK OF HONOR 90https://www.dxomark.com/smartphones/Honor/90
- The Honor 90 takes smartphone photography to the next level with its remarkable 200MP primary camera sensor.
- It is complemented by a 12MP ultrawide and a 2MP depth sensor, offering versatile photography options.
- With a substantial 5000mAh battery capacity, the phone ensures extended usage without the need for frequent recharging.
- Additionally, it supports 66W fast charging, providing convenience for on-the-go users.
Strategic India Investment
- Honor is committed to the Indian market, planning to start local manufacturing in collaboration with PSAV Global, a local partner.
- An investment of $120 million signifies Honor’s dedication to the Indian smartphone ecosystem.
- The company aims to generate a revenue of $1.2 billion by the end of 2024, demonstrating its long-term vision for India.
- Madhav Sheth, formerly the CEO of Realme India, now leads Honor’s operations in India.
- Sheth is confident in Honor’s ability to regain market share and compete with rivals, signaling an exciting future for the brand.
Diverse Product Portfolio
- Honor’s return to India brings with it a promise to introduce a wide range of products, including smartwatches, IoT devices, and foldables.
- This diversification reflects Honor’s commitment to providing holistic tech solutions to Indian consumers.
Pricing and Availability
- The Honor 90 offers two storage variants: 8GB RAM + 256GB storage and 12GB RAM + 512GB storage.
- The price points are competitive at Rs 37,999 and Rs 39,999, respectively.
- The phone will be exclusively available on Amazon.in starting from September 20, offering convenience to eager consumers.
- Honor’s comeback with the Honor 90 signifies a significant moment in the Indian smartphone market.
- With its innovative display, powerful performance, and a renewed commitment to India, Honor is poised to make a lasting impact.
- The diverse product portfolio and strategic investments further cement Honor’s position as a formidable player in the tech industry.
- The Honor 90 is not just a smartphone; it’s a symbol of resilience and progress, offering Indian consumers a glimpse into a promising tech future.
Processor-Qualcomm Snapdragon 7 Gen 1
Rear Camera200-megapixel + 12-megapixel + 2-megapixel